Sunday, June 13, 2010

Veggie enchiladas (kandis)

Here is my lazy attempt at simply using what I had on hand...


I chopped the veggies, steamed rice and toasted fresh tortillas--then mixed whatever sounded good (beans, rice, cilantro, olives, onion, canned chilies)--rolled into tortillas, placed in pan and topped with enchilada sauce. I baked it at 350 for 30 minutes--then topped with cilantro and tomatoes before serving.
**alternative suggestions: topping with Colby's home-made guac (recipe below in 'burrito bar'), using sliced peppers as well. (If you don't want super crunchy veggies--sautee onion and peppers for a few minutes to bring to 'crisp-tender' state before mixing all ingredients and baking).
**one more variation: I also love to omit the enchilada sauce and brush rolled tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle with salt before baking--it makes them crunchy and delicious!
**for my kids: I didn't put enchilada sauce on theirs and simply put rice and beans inside their tortillas and served with ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment