Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Made-up favorite: (Indian flare?)

This week I've been trying to make dinner with what I have in my kitchen. I made this up the other night and was shocked at how much I loved it! (I've now made and eaten it at least 4 times in the last week!)
Rice
Sautee: red/yellow/orange pepper slices, onion slices, zante currants (tiny raisins--normal ones would work great too), cashews. Season with olive oil, lemon juice and cumin in the pan (red pepper flakes if you like spicy). I topped with cilantro and just toasted some tortillas for presentation...
This week I've also tried it with white beans... you can't go wrong.
To make it even more flavorful, Colby suggested to add a yellow curry sauce (you can buy mix near the coconut milk down the 'asian/exotic' isle at the grocery store... remember--red curry is spicy!)
My grade A++, Colby's grade B (but with curry--A)


No comments:

Post a Comment