Monday, April 12, 2010

Raisin Coleslaw

I am soooo happy to be your personal guinea pig...and share the results!! Here is to a healthier us!!

Raisin Coleslaw
Dr. Joel Fuhrman - Eat to Live


You'll need:


1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 baked potato (I had leftover baked red potatoes so I used those)
1 tsp. mustard
1 tbsp. lemon juice
4 cups cabbage, shredded
2 cups carrots, shredded (I went the easy route and got the coleslaw mix with cabbage and carrots -1 bag)
1 cup beets, shredded (optional) I passed!
2 cups apples, peeled and shredded
1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped

Blend the raisins, apple juice, potato, mustard, and lemon juice, then mix all the ingredients together. Use this in place of a lettuce salad for lunch or dinner.

Well, I love coleslaw and this was really great for how healthy it is, just remember it is not as creamy and juicy without all that mayo but has a great flavor!!

If you're counting calories like me this makes about 10 servings so each serving is a cup and 65 calories. Now that is what I call nutrient dense calories (well really what Dr. Fuhrman would call it!!).

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. YUM! That sounds so good! And I think I actually have most of those ingredients...and wasn't sure what to do with the rest of my cabbage...so I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up on this salad - how cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about some ribs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

    ReplyDelete