Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

I love cookie dough! Raw eggs always make me a little uneasy, though, so I was excited when I came across this recipe from love veggies and yoga. These are Averie's Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls.

2/3 cup raw cashews, 1/3 c oats, 2 Tbsp agave nectar, 1 Tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Blend oats and cashews in high power blender or food processor. After you have the oat and cashew flour, add the agave nectar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend again. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand, then roll into cute little cookie dough balls. Refrigerate, or dehydrate for more of a "cooked taste" chocolate chip cookie.

My opinion: These were just OKAY! My blendtec blender actually had a hard time mixing the oats and cashews, so I had to keep stopping the blender to scrape it all down. A food processor or vitamix blender would probably work better. They tasted pretty good, and definitely satisfied my sweet tooth, but weren't quite the same as real cookie dough! Healthier, though, and I didn't worry about my kids getting salmonella! The recipe really doesn't make very many little balls, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment