Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Robyn's awesome white bean chili (makeover--Kandis)

So our family loves this soup that Robyn makes. It has chicken, cream and sour cream--but even if you leave those ingredients out, it still tastes awesome. So when I make the soup--just prior to adding the meat and dairy, I dish out some just for me and then add the other ingredients for Colby:) Here's Robyn's original recipe:
White Bean Chicken Chili (Robyn Gadd):
1 lb chicken, cooked and cubed (I tripled the recipe, so I just used a whole roasting chicken)
1 onion, diced
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 cans white beans
1 can chicken broth
2 cans green chilies, diced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
¼ cup cilantro
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Mix together everything but sour cream and whipping cream. Heat thoroughly. Add sour cream and whipping cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment